2 people made this
About this recipe:
A naughty treat provided by Eva Longoria in support of Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning.
68g lard (pork fat)
1 pinch salt
125g plain flour
600g caster sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
oil for frying
- In a medium sauce pot, bring lard, water and salt to a boil.
- Next add the flour and mix until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pot, and creates a film.
- Remove the pot from the heat and immediately add to the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer with a paddle attachment.
- Mix on a low speed until it has cooled to just above room temperature.
- Add all the eggs and mix until the batter is smooth and combined.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag with a large star tip (#7 tip) and you are ready to fry.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside till the end.
- Fill another sauce pot with about one gallon of oil; use an oil thermometer to bring the oil to 180 C (350 degrees F).
- Pipe the churro batter into the hot oil. 3-inch churros work well.
- Fry till golden brown, then pull them out of the fryer using a slotted spoon, and toss in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
See it on my blog
Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning
Write a review
Click on stars to rate