Easy and cheap bakery-style bread pudding
13 people made this
About this recipe:
Just like you get in the bakery . . . thick, stodgy and sweet! This bread pudding has plenty of fruit and spices.
125g dried fruit (currants, raisins, sultanas, mixed peel)
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Tear the bread into pieces and soak in water until soft.
- Squeeze dry and combine with fruit, suet, sugar and the ground spices.
- Add the egg and mix. If a little dry, add a little milk. Pour into a greased baking dish.
- Bake until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean and the top is be nicely browned, about 1 hour.
- Cool in the tin, then turn out and sprinkle liberally with caster sugar.
If you can't wait, turn out straight away.
my other half and myself really enjoy your bread pudding, cheap, easy and very tasty. A great way to use up old bread
- 13 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate