21 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a quick and easy recipe for flapjacks - everyone's favorite! You can always double the quantity for more!
Makes: 8 slices
150g vegetable margarine
50g golden syrup
30g demerara or granulated gugar
200g rolled oats
100g dried fruit (optonal)
Extra time:10min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a sandwich tin.
- Put margarine, syrup and sugar into a saucepan, and melt over a medium heat on a hob sturring with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat, stir in oats and dried fruit mix well. Put into prepared sandwich tin and level.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. It will be soft when cooked, and will get harder as it cools down.
- Cut into triangles and enjoy!
You will find that the recipe says to use 50g of golden syrup, but you might need to add more as when you are measuring it, as it gets stuck to the bowl.
Delicious ! Very easy to do. Nice with a cup of tea.
- 05 Jan 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate