- Preheat oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Lightly grease baking trays (I use my Pampered Chef large stoneware bar pans).
- Place all the dry ingredients in to a large mixing bowl and give them a stir.
- Add the eggs, treacle and oil to the dry ingredients, mix until well blended. Add the water if needed.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll to 5mm (1/4 in) thickness and cut with your favourite cookie cutter.
- Bake in the hot oven for 30 minutes. Once the initial 30 minutes is up, turn off the oven but leave the biscuits in the warm but off oven for a further 30 minutes to crisp.
These dog biscuits require the use of wheat flour which some dogs are sensitive to, if so its so easy to modify this recipe, simply substitute 125g of the wholemeal flour for either 90g oat flour, 100g rye flour, 120g rice flour, 110g barley flour or 120g potato flour.