1 / 1 Picture by:
- 30g butter (not margarine), softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 260g golden syrup
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 260g treacle
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Prep:5min › Cook:20min › Ready in:25min
- Grease a swiss roll tin with a knob of butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, combine sugar, golden syrup and vinegar. Cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium; cook until a sugar thermometer reads 118 degrees C (firm-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Add treacle and 30g of butter. Cook, uncovered, until a sugar thermometer reads 126 degrees C (hard-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add bicarb and mix well.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Let sit until hardened. Break off bits of toffee and store in an airtight container.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!