1 / 1 Picture by: steenbergs
- 2kg stewing lamb, ideally on the bones
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1 glass dry white wine
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep:20min › Cook:1day1hr › Ready in:1day1hr20min
- Prepare the lamb if it is shoulder by cutting off most of the meat and chopping into 2cm cubes. Keep some of the meat on the bone as this will become easy to cut off after cooking. Put the meat pieces and bones into a large pot.
- Add the olive oil, juice of the lemons and glass of white wine to the meat.
- Add the cinnamon quills, chopped rosemary, one or two grinds of black pepper and a pinch of salt. Give it all a stir around.
- Put the oven on to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2. Put the lid onto the pot, then heat the meat over a gentle heat on the hob, and simmer for 30 minutes. Open the lid, give the stew a stir, then replace the lid and put into the oven. Cook for 2 – 3 hours.
- Either eat straight away or the next day. Serve with rice and vegetables, and some freshly baked bread to soak up any of the dripping on your plate.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!