1 person made this
About this recipe:
I love pork and apple sauce but thought I'd change it up a bit and it's wonderful served with boiled potatoes, salad or chips.
Makes: 4 steaks
4 tablespoons apple sauce
4 pork loin steaks, trimmed of fat
4 slices mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
115g (1 cup) breadcrumbs (I use fresh blended in the blender, but you can use dried)
olive oil as needed
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Put a spoonful of apple sauce on each steak followed by a slice of mozzarella. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each steak. Pat down the cheese.
- Place the beaten egg in a shallow plate and dip the bottom of the chops into egg. Using a brush, cover the top with the egg.
- Add the Parmesan to the breadcrumbs and coat the steaks in them.
- Drizzle a roasting tray with a little oil. Put the chops in the tray, then drizzle them with a little oil.
- Bake until lovely and browned, about 25 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate