Spanish chicken and chorizo bake
- 4 decent sized skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 medium courgette, chopped
- 1 small yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 to 8 chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 7cm chunk of chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 50g Manchego cheese, grated
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Pre heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Put the chicken breasts into a large casserole dish and sprinkle with the garlic and paprika. Add all the chopped vegetables and chorizo and pour over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. I like to serve with a green salad and chunks of crusty bread to mop up the juices, but hubby prefers pasta or rice.
This can be made up to a day ahead and kept covered in the fridge until you are ready to cook.
A can of cannellini beans or chickpeas works well added to this dish. Or leave out the chorizo and put in some chopped serrano ham or bacon instead. A few olives chopped and sprinkled on top in place of the cheese is another option. You can also use a different type of cheese and / or mushrooms for this dish.
This recipe is gorgeous and so easy to do. I took the tip in the footnote and added a tin of cannellini beans. Chickpeas would be nice too. Loved it! Thank you for the recipe - 22 Feb 2012
This was a delicious dinner. I cooked it in the afternoon and took it round a friends house. I added some olives to it and accompanied the dish with some mash...perfect! - 02 Mar 2012
A great tasting dish to cook, and so easy to make, made this for a dinner with the relatives at short notice and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. - 10 Jun 2012