Tomato and basil soup
Serves : 6
- 2 (400g) tins chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 18 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 250ml whipping or double cream
Prep:5min › Cook:15min › Ready in:20min
- Simmer the tomatoes and stock for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and basil and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add more sugar if required.
- Stir in cream and butter until the butter has melted. Blend slightly (not essential) season to taste. Serve and enjoy!!!
Use some basil leaves to garnish.
This is very easy and I hope you enjoy it. - 08 Jan 2012
This was a very easy but very delicious soup. - 08 Jan 2012