1 / 1 Picture by: Kieragarratt
Makes: 1 beautiful cake
- 1 (20cm) sponge cake
- 115g (4 oz) butter icing
- 3 tablespoons warmed and sieved apricot jam
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) marzipan
- 8 mini Swiss rolls
- 675g (1 1/2 lb) royal icing
- Red, blue and green food colouring
- Jelly diamonds
- 4 ice cream cones
- 2 ice cream wafers
- 55g (2 oz) desiccated cocunut
- 8 marshmallows
Prep:1hr › Extra time:12hr › Ready in:13hr
- Split the sponge cake and fill with butter icing, place in the centre of a cake board and brush with apricot jam. Cover with a layer of marzipan.
- Cover each of the Swiss rolls with marzipan. Stick four of them around and cut the other four in half.
- Tint two-thirds of the royal icing pale pink and cover the cake. Ice the extra pieces of Swiss roll and stick them around the top of the cake.
- Use a cocktail stick to score the walls with a brick pattern. Make windows on the corner towers from jelly diamonds. Cut the ice cream cones to make the tower spires and stick them in place. Leave to dry overnight.
- Tint half the remaining royal icing pale blue and cover the cones. Use a fork to pattern the icing. Shape the wafers for the gates, stick to the cake and cover with blue icing. Use the back of a knife to mark planks.
- Tint the coconut with a few drops of green colouring. Spread the cake board with the remaining royal icing and sprinkle over the coconut. Stick on the marshmallows with a little royal icing to make the small turrets.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!