1 / 1 Picture by: NazarBlue
- 1 panettone
- 500g ricotta
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g caster sugar
- 200g good-quality tinned cherries, reserve syrup
- 50g pistachio nuts
- 50g dark chocolate, blitzed
- 50g mixed candied fruit - I used orange, citron and lime
- generous glugs vin santo or sherry
- extra dark chocolate for pouring on top when ready to serve
Prep:20min › Extra time:5hr chilling › Ready in:5hr20min
- Line a bowl with cling film – this is your mould. The idea is to construct the zuccotto upside down then turn out on a serving dish when set.
- Slice the top and bottom from your panettone, about 1.5 cm thick. This will be the top and bottom of your zuccotto. Take another slice from the top of the cake (to place in middle of filling.) Slice remaining panettone.
- Mix ricotta, mascarpone, sugar, cherries, pistachios, chocolate chips and candied fruit together – this is your filling. It may be nice to fold in cherries last to attain a marbled effect.
- Lay your top slice upside down in the bowl and sprinkle with alcohol. Arrange slices around side of bowl, overlapping if necessary then sprinkle with more alcohol – the panettone will soak it all up.
- Fill with half of ricotta mixture and smooth down into corners using back of spoon. Lay second round of panettone on top and sprinkle with more alcohol. Add remaining mixture until panettone bowl is full, again smoothing down with back of spoon. Finish by drizzling more alcohol and cherry syrup over the top (base!).
- Cover with cling film and place weights on top – I used bags of lentils. Place in fridge and allow to set at least over night before serving.
- When ready to serve, turn out on serving dish and drizzle with melted chocolate.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!