206 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a simple but tasty flapjack for any aged chef from a master to beginners cooking with their kids. It is very easy and simple to do for anyone of any skill.
40g granulated sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
175g porridge oats
50g sultanas or raisins (optional)
150g plain chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a tin with a little butter.
- Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup in to a saucepan and put it on low heat and mix till it has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Take it off the heat and add the oats, and the fruit if wanted. Mix well till the oats are coated (if not add a little more golden syrup).
- Pour the delicious mixture into the greased tin. Flatten down with a the back of a spoon.
- Place the flapjack in the oven for 10 to 20 minutes until golden brown on the top.
- If desired, melt the chocolate, then pour it over the cooled flapjack. Set aside until the chocolate has set before slicing.
Great recipe, i doubled up on ingredients to fit my tin. But was soooo yummy family loved it and i will be making more tomorrow so they have informed me
- 30 Apr 2012
I doubled it too and once it cooled put chocolate on top, delicious
- 21 Jul 2012
Write a review
Click on stars to rate