Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 125g caster sugar
- 115g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:40min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add milk and stir. Gradually add flour while stirring, and a pinch of salt. Spoon mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes, then cool fully on a wire rack before icing with your favourite icing recipe.
Make your very own flavour combinations with any of these additions:
• Stir in any of the following with the milk: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract; 1 teaspoon almond extract; 1 tablespoon lemon, orange or lime zest.
• Add any of the following in with the flour: 150g chocolate chips; 125g chopped nuts, such as walnuts or hazelnuts; 125g dried fruit, such as sultanas, cranberries or currants; 75g desiccated coconut; 100g chopped glace cherries.
• To make a spice cake, mix in the following with the flour: 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.
• For a chocolate cupcake, replace 1 1/2 tablespoons of the flour with unsweetened cocoa powder. Add 150g chocolate chips for a double chocolate version.
top marks, easy to make and delicious made and eaten by children who put sultanas in very yummy and generous cupcakes too probably makes about 15, but they wont last long - 11 Jul 2013
These are fab. Very light and moist. - 16 Jun 2013
i havent tried this yet.but i am today x - 26 Mar 2013