Ginger crunch cookies
Makes: 15 biscuits
- 75g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 50g crystallized ginger, chopped very finely
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 60g caster sugar
- 75g rolled oats
- 100g butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
Prep:15min › Cook:15min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat your oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line 2 large baking sheets with baking parchment or grease them lightly.
- Measure the flour, bicarbonate of soda, crystallized ginger, ground ginger, caster sugar and rolled oats into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter and syrup together very gently in a small pan.
- Mix the melted butter and syrup and the milk into the dry ingredients.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 5 minutes or so it firms up a bit.
- Take heaped teaspoons of the mix and roll into balls. Put on your baking sheets spaced WELL apart – these biscuits really spread. Flatten the top of each biscuit with your hand or a fork.
- Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes (check after 12 if you are using a fan oven).
- Cool on the baking trays for a few minutes (they’ll fall apart if you move them straight away!), then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Try not to eat them all at once, delicious and crunchy. Would be interested to hear other views - 12 Mar 2012
These are absolutely beautiful! Very easy to make and I got 30 biscuits from the mixture. I added an extra half tsp of ginger as I like it. Thank you so very much for the recipe! - 04 Apr 2013
- these are very moreish, i couldn't roll my mixture into balls as the recipe said, as the mixture was too wet so i just blobbed heaped teaspoons on to the tray, they took a bit longer to cook than the recipe said but turned out well and the children were asking for more - success all round - 01 Sep 2012