Tasty and creamy chicken korma
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon ginger puree
- 4 cardamon pods
- 1 (10cm) cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon gram flour
- 100ml milk
- 250ml single cream
- salt to taste
Prep:5min › Cook:30min › Ready in:35min
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger puree, cardamon pods and cinnamon stick. Cook until onions begin to soften.
- Add the chili powder, turmeric and coriander and mix well with the onion. Add the diced chicken, cook until the chicken begins to seal, stirring frequently.
- Blend the gram flour with the milk then add to the pan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer for a further 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt.
- Ensure the chicken is no longer pink at the centre, then serve with rice or chips.
well done, brill easy recipe, just did not have milk and popped can of coconat milk and it was brilliant - 12 Jan 2013
Delicious, my son said it was better than any bought sauce & I had to make it again! - 10 Dec 2012
I added a teaspoon of almonds to this along with the coconut cream and it was delicious, thumbs up! - 15 Jul 2013