1 person made this
About this recipe:
Gingerbread flowers that are suitable for all ages, especially kids, easy to make and super yummy! Decorate as you please.
Makes: 20 depending on size of cutters
350g plain flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
100g chilled butter or margarine
175g light muscovado sugar
1 medium egg
2 tablespoons golden syrup
flower cookie cutter
Extra time:5min cooling ›
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease baking tray.
- Sift flour, ginger, cinnamon and bicarbonate soda into large bowl. Cut the butter into chunks and stir until butter is coated with flour.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it becomes breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar.
- Break the egg into a small bowl and beat. Add the syrup and beat in then add this mixture to your breadcrumbs and mix.
- Squeeze the mixture together until its smooth and dough-like then cut in half. Roll out the dough until it is roughly 5mm thick then cut out your shapes.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, then cool for 5 minutes.
Great for kids parties or for school holidays when kids are bored :)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate