Pear chocolate loaf cake
- 3 eggs
- 140g icing sugar
- 140g plain flour
- 140g butter, melted
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tinned pears, drained and chopped
Prep:20min › Cook:35min › Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease and flour a large loaf tin.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar in a bowl. Sieve the flour, and stir in the flour and melted butter. Stir in the chocolate and pears. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a skewer inserted near the centre comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Absolutely yummy! Does need baking powder or self raising flour though, or will be like a brick! - 22 Apr 2013
This is fab. So easy to make - though my cooker takes hours to cook anything. This will be a great pear cake base as you can add anything to it - vanilla, ginger etc. I added too much chocolate by mistake (honest) about 80g and 2 teaspoons of cocoa to change the colour. The first day it was yum - second day it was a gooey peary chocolatey delight. Thanks for this recipe - I will be making this forever! - 16 Feb 2013
After reading the reviews I added 1 rounded tsp of baking powder. I cooked it on 170 (fan oven) and it took 45 minutes and then the skewer came out clean. I also lined the tin - I always do. It is lovely, easy to slice and really moist. I will make another one tomorrow to take to work. Great recipe. - 26 Oct 2013