1 / 1 Picture by: BroadcastHub
Makes: 8 kebabs
- 8 wooden skewers 20cm long, although you can also use metal ones
- 800g boneless New Zealand Lamb neck fillets
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped or crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 red peppers
- 600g salad potatoes (smaller waxy ones are best)
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- a handful mint leaves, shredded
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 handfuls salad leaves
Prep:30min › Cook:20min › Ready in:50min
- Soak the skewers in warm water for at least an hour – it helps prevent them catching fire on a BBQ.
- Cut the lamb into 1cm thick pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add the rosemary, garlic and half the olive oil to the bowl and season with plenty of freshly milled black pepper and salt. Toss well, cover with clingfilm and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut the peppers in quarters vertically and remove the core and seeds, then cut each quarter into 4.
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water until tender, then drain and leave to cool.
- Thread the lamb and pepper pieces onto the skewers and drizzle with the marinade.
- Heat up the bbq, or a griddle pan (turn your extraction on) and cook the kebabs for a minute on each side (4 sides) and check to see if cooked – they may need a little longer. Ideally cook no more than medium.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into quarters and toss with the lemon zest, spring onions, mint and half the remaining oil. Toss and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the remaining oil with the feta and lemon juice.
- To serve: place the salad leaves and potato salad on the plate, sit 2 kebabs on top of the potato salad and drizzle with the feta dressing.
See it on my blog
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!