Sweet and sour sauce with pineapple
- 100ml cold water
- 50ml cider vinegar
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- pineapple chunks (optional)
Prep:2min › Cook:5min › Ready in:7min
- Add water, vinegar, pineapple juice, ketchup and sugar into a pan.
- Dissolve cornflour in 1 tablespoon water and add to pan.
- Continuously stirring, bring all ingredients to the boil, then turn down to simmer and add pineapple, before stirring for another 2 minutes.
To make a thicker sauce add more cornflour paste.
If you want the sauce sweeter then add more sugar or pineapple juice (you may need to add more cornflour if adding more liquid).
Most definitely the easiest and fool-proof sweet and sour sauces I have ever made.....This has now become my favourite and I will be showing it off to some friends this week!! - 29 Jan 2013
wonderful would make again - 07 Apr 2013
loved it - I like it very tangy so added some lemon juice and rice wine vinegar to it. so easy and all storecupboard stuff. I added a few chill flakes, some frozen stir fry veg and left over roast chicken during the snowy weather when the supermarket shelves were empty - we had a better than takeaway standard meal - this is in my favourites. - 26 Jan 2013