1 / 1 Picture by:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 200g new potatoes, cubed
- 300g pork fillet, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated root ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried chillies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon cornflour, mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon demerara sugar
- 125g spinach leaves, chopped if large
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion, garlic and potatoes for 5 minutes. Stir in the pork fillet and curry paste, and cook until the pork begins to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, vegetable stock, dried apricots, root ginger, dried chillies and bay leaf. Bring to the boil; lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced and the pork is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the diluted cornflour, coconut milk, sugar, spinach leaves, lime juice and the 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, and simmer until the leaves to wilt and the sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Serve over steamed jasmine rice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!