1 / 3
2 / 3
3 / 3
2 people made this
About this recipe:
These chocolate croissants are really easy to make and ideal for a special breakfast. Experiment with your favourite kinds of chocolate.
250g frozen puff pastry
1 (100g) bar dark chocolate
1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
3 tablespoons caster sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Carefully roll out the pastry and cut into long triangles. Make a cut about 1.5 to 2cm long in the centre of the triangle base.
- Break the chocolate into pieces then place a piece of chocolate at the base of each triangle. Begin rolling starting from the base, shaping it into a crescent.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray and tuck the end of each croissant in underneath to stop it unrolling during cooking. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve warm or allow to cool before enjoying.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate