Extra time:1day marinating ›
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold water and pat dry with kitchen towel. Add to a non-metallic dish.
- In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients and mix well to combine. Pour over the chicken wings and rub in well with your fingers.
- Cover and place in the fridge for 24 hours, turning once.
- Before cooking, wipe away any excess marinade from the chicken wings nd discard.
- Cook under a grill on low heat until almost cooked. Transfer to a BBQ to finish off and crisp up the skin. Or continue to cook under the grill, increasing the heat towards the end.
- Depending on the size of the wings, these will take 40 minutes to cook. Adjust cooking time accordingly.
To test if the chicken is cooked, pierce the plumpest part of the wing with a skewer, when the skewer is removed press down. If the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked.
The food colouring is optional and not overly bright when cooked like in a restaurant, however it does add a very slight colour.