Makes: 1 to 1.5 litres chutney
- 1kg pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 250ml malt vinegar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Prep:15min › Cook:30min › Ready in:45min
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until the pears are tender.
- Immediately spoon the chutney into hot, sterlised jars and seal. Once cooled, store in a cool, dark place. After opening, chutney should easily keep 3 to 4 weeks in the fridge.
A simple but delicious recipe. A quick taste of the pears before bottling was wonderful and will get even better with a few weeks storage. I can't wait to have this with Stilton. (It made 2 medium sized jars if anyone was wondering). - 03 Oct 2013