Easy basic cupcakes
Makes: 6 cupcakes
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 165g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 120ml warmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g of whatever you want to experiment with
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Ready in:35min
- Mix the sugar and butter till creamy. Stir in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla till smooth. Add in 100g of your own additions.
- Divide mixture between a muffin tin, either greased or lined with paper cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C / Gas 4 for 25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
I put in 100g of mint Aero® in a batch the other day and had the most delicious mint choc cupcakes, probably should've added in some chocolate chips, too.
Have fun with your mystery ingredient, my next batch will be orange choc cupcakes, Aero® again, I've also used rhubarb with a custard filling, Milky Way® and 2 litres of Irn-Bru® boiled down to about half a cup (not much of the Irn-Bru taste but they're nice and sticky - will put pics up when I try with cherry cola).