Chocolate hedgehog slice
1 / 1
7 people made this
About this recipe:
This is a fun recipe to make with children!
250g chocolate cream biscuits (like Chocolate Hobnob Creams), finely crushed
8 tablespoons desiccated coconut
120g pecans, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cocoa powder, sifted
100g plain chocolate, chopped
80g unsalted butter
1 tablespoon golden syrup
1 egg, lightly beaten
100g plain chocolate
40g unsalted butter
Extra time:1hr chilling ›
- Line base and sides of shallow 30x20cm rectangular tin with foil.
- Combine biscuit crumbs, coconut, pecans and cocoa in medium mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine chocolate, butter and syrup in small heavy-based pan (or in a double boiler). Stir over low heat until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture and egg onto dry ingredients. Using a wooden spoon, stir until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared tin. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- For the icing: Put chocolate and butter in small heatproof bowl. Stand over pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate and butter have melted and mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.
- Spread mixture evenly over base. Refrigerate until set.
- Remove from tin. Cut into small squares with sharp knife.
If you like your slices thick then double all the ingredients. Also instead of the chocolate biscuits you can use plain biscuits like shortbread.
i will try it tommorrow for a fanily reunion
thanks for the idea
- 17 Sep 2013
Write a review
Click on stars to rate