1 / 1 Picture by:
jean.isacke Dorset, England, UK
- 225g streaky bacon, fatty rind removed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 140ml stock
- 225g pork liver, finely minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 140ml single cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped parsley
- Pinch mixed herbs
- Few drops anchovy essence (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr10min › Ready in:1hr25min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a small pie dish with half of the bacon. Dice the remaining bacon.
- Mix flour and stock; add minced liver, onion, garlic and remaining bacon. Add beaten egg, cream, salt and pepper, parsley, mixed herbs and anchovy essence (if using). Pour into a blender and pulse to a smooth paste.
- Pour into pie dish lined with bacon. Cook in preheated oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate when cool. Serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!