2 people made this
About this recipe:
A great potato side dish for dinner, with cheese and cream. Make sure to use waxy potatoes. That way, the gratin does not get soggy.
450g (1 lb) waxy potatoes, peeled
40g (1 1/2 oz) butter
1 small clove garlic, minced
60g (2 oz) grated cheese
salt and pepper to taste
300ml (1/2 pt) single cream
- Preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2.
- Slice potatoes and soak in a bowl with cold water. Drain and pat dry.
- Mix butter and garlic. Use 1/3 of the mixture to grease a casserole dish. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and 1/2 of the cheese.
- Dot with another 1/3 garlic butter, place the rest of the potatoes on top, season and add the rest of the cheese. Pour over cream and dot with the rest of the butter.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate