15 people made this
About this recipe:
These cookies with glace cherries are very delicious and really easy to make. Great if you want to try something new.
Makes: 30 cookies
140g (5 oz) butter or margarine
140g (5 oz) demerara sugar
1 egg, beaten
a few drops almond essence
200g (7 oz) plain flour
110g (4 oz) glace cherries, quartered
Extra time:5min resting ›
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and sugar, until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in egg and almond essence. Stir in flour and cherries, until a stiff dough forms.
- Knead dough lightly for 30 seconds until smooth.
- Roll into a 30cm (12 in) long log and cut off 1cm slices. Place on baking tray and press down lightly to flatten.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes until very light brown.
- Leave for 5 minutes in the turned off oven, remove and cool.
There was no guidance for oven temp, dough was too soft to roll out ended up putting more flour in. Resulting cookies were very dry, but we ate them !
- 19 Oct 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate