Cinnamon oatmeal cookies
Makes: 12 cookies
- 85g (3 oz) self raising flour
- 110g (4 oz) porridge oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 110g (4 oz) butter
- 85g (3 oz) brown sugar
- 85g (3 oz) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
Prep:20min › Cook:10min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease 2 baking trays.
- Mix flour, oats, cinnamon, baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in egg, vanilla and syrup. Add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Take 1 heaped teaspoon at a time and press flat on the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool. The cookies will get crispier as they cool.
Delicious, I followed recipe and my biscuits came out thinner than photo but are very crispy and tasty. I added some sesame seeds and sunflower seeds which add a bit more texture and flavour - 18 Jan 2013