1 person made this
About this recipe:
Quick lovely buns, perfect as an alternative to scones. Serve with butter and jam. You can also use other dried fruits instead of apricot.
Makes: 6 buns
125ml warm milk
2 tablespoons apricot jam
1/2 sachet yeast
50g butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
250g plain flour
1 pinch salt
100g dried apricots, sliced
oil for greasing
sunflower seeds, for sprinkling
Extra time:2hr rising ›
- In a bread machine, combine the milk, jam, yeast, melted butter, sugar, flour and salt. Set programme for mixing.
- Add sliced apricots to the mixture halfway through the mixing programme, then close to let finish mixing and rising. My bread machine mixing programme is 30 minutes of mixing and 60 minutes of rising.
- Divide dough into 6 parts. Shape them into buns and place in a greased baking tin.
- Cover baking tin with cloth and leave it for 30 minutes to rise.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Sprinkle buns with water and seeds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate