9 people made this
About this recipe:
This simple recipe calls for a layer of sliced glace cherries but you could use a few tablespoons of jam if you prefer.
Makes: 1 almond tart
1 prepared pastry case
30g glace cherries
50g caster sugar
85g ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Roll out pastry and arrange in a tart tin. Prick the pastry with a fork to prevent it from rising.
- Cut the cherries into small pieces and scatter over the pastry.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Stir in a well beaten egg and the ground almonds. Mix well and fill into pastry. Spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
I am just about to make this for a large amount of people. I was looking for a recipe that uses Almonds and damsons in a tart so I will add a layer of damsons instead of cherries or jam
- 14 Aug 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate