1 person made this
About this recipe:
A delightful starter, or an extra dish for the dinner table. You can use any mince you like - beef or lamb would work a treat.
Makes: 8 starter portions
olive oil for frying
1kg beef mince
tomato puree to taste
1 large pot of strained yoghurt
Lebanese pitta breads
salt and pepper to taste
Extra time:3hr chilling ›
- Peel and slice the aubergine lengthways.
- Heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry aubergine slices in the olive oil, until just brown.
- In another pan, fry the mince, till browned. Add a bit of water and the tomato puree to taste (as you would for a Bolognese).
- Add the aubergines to a Pyrex dish in layers. Top with the mince mixture. Set aside and let cool.
- Slightly fry the pitta in hot olive oil on both sides. Set aside.
- Once the mince has cooled, top with the yoghurt. Tear the pitta into pieces and arrange on top of the yoghurt.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours. Serve once cold.
If you do not like mince or meat, then use more aubergines. You can also add mushrooms.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate