Extra time:30min cooling ›
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 or gas mark 3
- Prep your cupcake tin with cases. I use a muffin tin with muffin cases, perfect size and easy to remove. Gives you a deep american look instead of a shallow fairy cake look.
- I put my mixing bowl on my electronic scales and reset the scale.
- I then add my flour... without so much as a shuffle from the bag. Then I re-set my scales.
- I then add the sugar, very slowly... ontop of my flour. Dont go mad, add a bit at a time after 60g - you dont want to add too much.
- Reset the scale. You should have both the flour and the sugar in the bowl now.
- Add the butter to the mix a little at a time. Then take off the scale and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Very simple all-in-one bowl method that just needs a good mix with your mixer. Mix until all mixture is together. Make sure all sides have been scraped down and mixed.
- I bake my cupcake in an electric oven for 20-25 mins and they come out slightly browned and spring back when pressed. They should be soft, moist and fluffy inside and taste yummy!!
If you are using a stand mixer, use a flexible beater, not the whisk attachment.
Test to see if cooked with a cocktail stick, if it comes out clean, they're done!
See it on my blog
Visit this recipe on my blog