About this recipe: General's Tso's chicken or General Tao's chicken is available in many upscale Chinese restaurants. However, it's not a Chinese dish. It was invented in America. It still tastes and is made in a way that Chinese/Schezwan dishes are made.
1. If you don't have soy sauce, use salt to enhance the taste
2. 500g of bone-in chicken becomes about 350g boneless
3. To make more gravy, mix equal amount of water and sherry and put some soy sauce as well
4. Put the sherry in the sauce as late as possible. It evaporates quickly
5. Sake can also be used instead of sherry. The taste differs a little
At a glance, I wouldn't even bother to make this. The chicken is supposed to be in a crispy batter, and the dish always has broccoli. Being encouraged to use salt if you have no soy sauce is a travesty.. - 19 Jan 2017
- 20 Nov 2012