5 people made this
About this recipe:
Sole florentine is a classic Italian fish dish. Sole fillets cooked in the oven on a bed of spinach and mushrooms.
1/2 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
50g (2 oz) butter
100g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
350g (10 oz) drained, cooked and chopped spinach
salt and pepper to taste
4 lemon sole fillets
6 teaspoons mayonnaise
5 teaspoons French mustard
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch parsley
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Fry onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring until liquid has evaporated. Add spinach and seasoning.
- Divide the mixture equally and spoon onto each fillet. Roll fillets to enclose filling and place seam side down in a shallow casserole dish.
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and parsley, and spread evenly over fish rolls.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until the fish has lightly browned.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate