Sweet shortcrust pastry
- 115 g (4 oz) plain flour
- 55 g (2 oz) cool unsalted butter, diced
- 25 g (scant 1 oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 1 egg yolk
Prep:40min › Ready in:40min
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Add the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
- Lightly beat the egg yolk with 1 tbsp cold water. Add to the flour mixture and mix in with a round-bladed knife. Gather together to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in cling film and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
Some more ideas
Add 1 tsp pure vanilla extract to the beaten egg yolk and reduce the amount of water slightly.
very easy - 18 Oct 2009
Very easy to make, loved the idea of vanilla extract. Couldn't find oven temperature for baking the pastry blind, in my oven 20 minutes at 180c. I will use this again for sweet pies etc... - 01 Feb 2013
quick and easy and is the best sweet pastry iv found - 05 Feb 2013