4 people made this
About this recipe:
A very simple cheese tart, perfect served for a light supper or lunch with a green salad, or as a starter.
170g (6 oz) shortcrust pastry
100g (4 oz) Cheddar or Gruyere cheese, grated
1 pinch nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
150ml (1/4 pt) milk
150ml (1/4 pt) double cream
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry. Line a tart tin with the pastry, cutting off the excess. Prick the bottom several times with a fork.
- Bake the pastry for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and turn temperature down to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Beat eggs and add cheese. Add nutmeg and season well. Add milk and cream. Stir well together and pour into pastry case.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate