1 / 2
2 / 2
9 people made this
About this recipe:
Light and fluffy buttermilk waffles perfect for a relaxed breakfast. Sprinkle with icing sugar and perhaps some fresh fruit and lemon juice to serve.
2 eggs, separated
125g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 heaped tablespoon brown cane sugar
1 pinch salt
25g butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cinnamon
oil, as needed for the waffle iron
icing sugar, for dusting
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl until stiff peaks have formed.
- In a second bowl combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine melted butter, egg yolks and buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix well until smooth and add gradually to the flour mixture. Stir in the cinnamon and fold in stiff egg whites.
- Heat a waffle maker and brush the insides with oil or melted butter. Add a small ladle of waffle batter and close the lid.
- Cook for a few minutes according to the manufacturer's instructions, until the waffle is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the waffle and dust with icing sugar. Repeat with the remaining batter.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate