Oaty pork in cider
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 350g leeks, sliced
- 450g pork fillet, diced
- 50g oats
- 1/2 chicken stock cube
- 200ml water
- 300ml cider
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr › Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frying pan and fry the leeks for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Heat the remaining oil and brown the pork, add the oats, stock cube, 200ml water, cider and mustard, bring to the boil. Stir into the leeks and add the sage. Cover and bake for 1 hour until the meat is tender.
Try adding some cannellini beans towards the end to help the meat go further.
See it on my blog
interesting and different. I thought it might be a bit like pork porridge but it wasn't at all, and I was pleasantly surprised! Went down well with the family. - 07 Dec 2013