1 person made this
About this recipe:
This pandan roll is a light sponge flavoured with pandan leaf essence for a distinctive Asian flavour.
150g caster sugar
55g unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pandan essence or green paste pandan food colouring
125g plain flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 230 C / Gas 7. Grease or line a Swiss roll tin.
- Beat eggs on medium speed, gradually adding the sugar. Continue beating till fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Stir in the melted butter, vanilla and pandan essence. Fold in the sifted flour. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden and the cake springs back to the touch.
- Remove from oven and immediately roll up Swiss roll-style. Cool and unroll. Roll back up, slice and serve.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate