1 / 1 Picture by: hippychris
- 55g (2 oz) breadcrumbs
- 55g (2 oz) shredded suet
- 55g (2 oz) caster sugar
- 55g (2 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons jam
- 1 egg
- 125ml milk
Prep:15min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:1hr45min
- Mix the breadcrumbs, suet and sugar together in a bowl then add the sieved flour and baking powder. Add 2 tablespoons of jam, the egg and the milk and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a suitable bowl and put the remaining jam in the bottom, then add the pudding mixture.
- Cover with a double layer of greaseproof paper then seal with a a double layer of foil and tie securely with string.
- Place the lid from a largish jar on the bottom of a saucepan and place the basin on top. This prevents the basin from touching the bottom. Fill with water to 3/4 of the way up the bowl.
- Bring to the boil and let it steam for at least 1 1/2 hours.
Serve with cream or, my choice, custard :-)
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!