1 / 1 Picture by: Twinas
- 100g pasta
- olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 tablespoons mashed potato
- 1 portion cooked butternut squash, mashed
- 4 tablespoons milk, or as needed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cooked sausages (optional)
- 1 handful grated cheese
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a saucepan, fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add the potato and squash and stir. Add a little milk until you get a sauce consistency. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Using a hand blender, blend until you get a smooth sauce. Or you can have it as it is.
- Add pasta and sausage (if using) and stir, then add a handful of cheese, and some to serve.
I used sweet potato in the mash but can use plain mash also. You can pretty much use any root veg with the mashed potato, carrot is a good alternative to butternut if you prefer.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!