- olive oil, as needed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 300ml beef stock
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- mixed herbs to taste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 8 lasagne sheets
- 150 to 250g grated cheese
Prep:30min › Cook:1hr30min › Ready in:2hr
- Heat some oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and fry onions till soft. Add mince and cook till browned.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, stock, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Leave to simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes or until reduced.
- Pre-cook the lasagne sheets in salted boiling water for 5 minutes, or till flexible but not entirely cooked through. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6.
- Place a ladleful of the sauce in the bottom of a greased baking dish. Top with a layer of lasagne sheets, then continue layering, ending with the lasagne sheets covered with grated cheese.
- Pop it into the oven for around 45 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Cool slightly before cutting and enjoy!
You can also add cheese sauce to each layer, I just use a Coleman's Cheddar sauce mix, takes 2 minutes to boil up with milk!
This was easy to make and tasted delicious. I also added diced carrots, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. - 24 Feb 2014