1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 16 to 24 drop cakes
- 225g butter or margarine
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g mashed banans
- 440g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 250g chocolate chips (optional)
Prep:15min › Cook:12min › Ready in:27min
- Heat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Grease a baking tray or line with baking parchment.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then bananas.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and bicarb. Stir through chocolate chips (if using). Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto baking tray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until edges turn golden brown. Leave on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
You can use self raising flour instead of plain, just leave out out the baking powder and bicarb of soda.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!