Leek and Potato Soup
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 900ml (1 1/2 pints) chicken stock
- small handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
Prep:15min › Cook:40min › Ready in:55min
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, and sauté garlic and onions for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. Remove the bouquet garni and purée soup with a hand blender. Add cornflour to thicken the soup if it is too thin. Serve with buttered bread.
Since you are puréeing the soup, you can very roughly chop the leeks, onions and potatoes - don't waste your time getting them to be uniform in size!
Make this soup vegan by using olive oil instead of butter and vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
Great recipe. The soup turned out wonderful. And was so easy to make, I did not purée it when it was finished though. I much prefer it chunky. Truly delicious. Try it, you will not be disapointed! - 30 Jan 2011
Made it healthier. I didnt use butter, I used 1 cal oil spray instead. - 18 Sep 2010
Creamy buttery and delicious. Easy to make, big thumbs up - 26 Sep 2011