1 / 1 Picture by: davidrobert97
Makes: 1 cake
- 225g Butter
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 4 Organic Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100g Butter
- 140g Icing Sugar
- 5 tbsp Rasberry Jam
Prep:10min › Cook:25min › Extra time:1hr cooling › Ready in:1hr35min
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Grease and line 2 x 18cm/7in cake tins with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour using a large metal spoon, adding a little extra milk if necessary, to create a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Divide the mixture between the cake tins and gently spread out with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden-brown on top and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and peel off the paper. Place onto a wire rack.
- Place Butter in Mixing Bowl and beat without icing sugar for 20 seconds.
- Cream the Icing Sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. If needed, add a little milk.
- After cake has cooled, Sandwich together with butter cream and jam.
Prepare Butter Icing in a cool kitchen, or it will make it difficult to work with.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!