1 / 1 Picture by:
Makes: 30 biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 tablespoon mustard powder, like Colman's®
- 40g grated Cheddar cheese
- 60g grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- extra grated Parmesan for topping
Prep:15min › Cook:10min › Extra time:40min chilling › Ready in:1hr5min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment.
- In a food processor, add the butter, flour, salt, cayenne pepper, mustard and cheeses. Process together, then as the mixture starts to combine, pulse it till the mixture looks clumpy.
- Put it onto a floured surface, then knead it until it is smooth. Wrap in clingfilm, and let it chill in fridge for 40 minutes (I have left it for 20, but they are better the more you chill it!).
- Once chilled, place on a flour surface, and roll out to about 3mm thick. Cut out using biscuit cutters, to whatever shape you want.
- Brush a little of the beaten egg on top, using a small brush, and then sprinkle on some of the leftover Parmesan cheese!
- Bake until they are crisp and golden. They usually take around 10 minutes, depending on size. Use a palette knife to lift them off the tray, and let them cool on a rack.
Write a review
Click on stars to rate
What did you think? Tell us everything!