About this recipe: A delicious way to quickly use up Shaggy Ink Cap mushrooms before they melt away. See notes for further advice on the gathering and use of wild mushrooms.
WARNING: It is very easy to confuse the Shaggy Ink Cap with the Common Ink Cap. Both are edible, but the Common Ink Cap will poison you if you eat it with alcohol. There have been no reported fatalities from this kind of poisoning, but the symptoms can be extremely uncomfortable. Unless you are very experienced at identifying mushrooms, we do not recommend consuming any wild mushrooms unless gathered by a mushroom expert or obtained from reputable sources.
I prefer to use double cream but single cream will do or if you are on a low fat diet you could even replace the cream with the same amount of milk.
I think you are wrong, there is a big difference and not really possible to mix these two.. The bad one has no Shaggy top which is well visible! Pick the shaggy ones before you cut your lawn.. for breakfast mmmm - 15 Dec 2014
Great soup. I added a few field mushrooms and used onion stock. I put the bread on the side with butter. Really tasty! - 28 Oct 2014