35 people made this
About this recipe:
These brownies are so fudgy and dense, and the beetroot makes them moist and gives them a great earthy flavour that will go undetected by most!
1 medium beetroot
250g butter or margerine
240g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
190g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g chopped plain chocolate
- Boil beetroot in its skin until tender. Allow to cool and peel, then purée.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Grease a square baking tin.
- Melt butter and add to puréed beetroot. Mix in sugars, eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Mix in dry ingredients and chopped chocolate. Pour mixture into baking tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes; it should still be slightly gooey in the centre. Let cool a little and serve.
Easy recipe to follow, lovely tasting!!
- 10 Feb 2016
These were fab! The beetroot did help keep them moist, and the flavour remained very chocolately. Would recommend, and will make again.
- 05 May 2015
Write a review
Click on stars to rate