27 people made this
About this recipe:
A recipe for yummy and chewy flapjacks! The coconut adds nice flavour. You can also add 50g chocolate chips or chopped apricots in step 3 if you like.
Makes: 10 flapjacks
150g cooking margarine
150g muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons golden syrup
200g rolled or porridge oats
50g desiccated coconut
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 3. Lightly grease and line an 18cm square baking tin.
- Put margarine, sugar and syrup in a large, heavy pan and heat gently, stirring occasionally until butter has melted.
- Remove pan from the heat and stir in the oats and coconut until well combined. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared tin and, using a knife score the mixture into about 10 bars.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and cut through scored lines with a knife while still hot before it begins to harden. Leave to cool slightly and harden before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
I made this at school and it was amazing! I used all the ingredients above but I added 50g of chocolate chips and it was even better! It is simple but beautiful.
- 22 Feb 2014
Write a review
Click on stars to rate